Fynydd secure, reliable cloud hosting
By Michael Argentini
Managing Partner, Technology and Design
Hosting the projects we're working on has always been a no-brainer. From day one we needed a development and staging infrastructure to build, test, and allow client previews and approvals. We realized right away that offering the last mile, production hosting, was the next logical step. So, by extending our hosting to production applications, we could:
- ...more seamlessly deploy our work
- ...provide an environment that we knew was reliable and secure
- ...adjust performance as-needed
- ...configure the servers any way we chose
- ...upgrade them immediately as CVEs were released
- ...install the software and services we wanted to offer
And we would know and trust the DevOps staff running the environment. It just made sense.
What do we offer?
If you're one of the clients for whom we've built an API, website, or other online platform, we offer our managed hosting services.
Our primary hosting service is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) hosting infrastructure that we manage completely for our clients. It can be a private shared environment, or one dedicated to a client.
Here's a rundown of the primary services we offer:
- Amazon Web Services web application hosting (websites, REST APIs, etc.)
- Custom domain name hosting
- TLS (a.k.a. SSL) certificates
- File storage
- Scheduled whole system backups
- Scheduled incremental file system backups
- Slack support community for real-time chatting with Fynydd support and automated system status messaging
Our security and reliability are enhanced through our managed hosting approach.
- Since we build what we host, there are no rogue or poorly coded applications that impact yours
- Unlike other hosting providers, our clients do not have direct server access to shared environments
- The people who built your solution are the ones who manage it, so there are no low-level technicians wasting your time on a support call for an application they know nothing about
If Apple has proven one thing, it's that controlling the whole pipeline from hardware to software creates the best experience. We've adopted that approach with our software development services. If we host what we build we can ensure the best experience.
How can we help you?
Do you have a project that needs to be brought to life? We'd love to help! Visit our contact page and tell us ow we can help. Let's make something great together!
Article last updated on 4/22/2018